Senior Lecturer 0.9 FTE Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- Main Advertisement Text
The Faculty of Life Sciences and Education is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer (part-time) to join the School of Psychology and Therapeutic Studies. The successful applicant will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, primarily on CBT training courses. We would like to hear from you if you could:
- Course lead and contribute to the teaching of counselling skills, theory and practice on the Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy course
- Contribute to teaching of professional practice issues
- Support and supervise Masters dissertation project
- Engage in research, scholarly activity and/ or external training
This is an opportunity to course lead a vibrant and enthusiastic CBT team and this job may suit you if you are an experienced lecturer, a qualified CBT therapist with up-to-date knowledge of the subject area and are commitment to training new therapists in best practice. You will be accredited as a therapist by BABCP (or equivalent), or eligible to apply for accreditation. Experience of teaching in Higher or Further Education is preferred. Interest in developing a research profile is a strong advantage.
The course is based at our light and modern Newport City Centre Campus, which has excellent public transport links. Students benefit from placements in our in-house counselling services and a purpose built counselling clinic used by both courses and services.
- Person Specification Document
- Name of Institution
- University of South Wales
- *£42,036-£48,677.00 per annum
- Closing Date
- Job Description
- Benefits and Rewards Information