Ddarlithydd, BA (Hons) Astudiaethau Cynradd gyda SAC
- Main Advertisement Text
The Faculty of Life Sciences and Education, School of Education, Early Years and Social Work has an exciting opportunity for a primary school teacher, lecturer or senior leader with Welsh language specialism to join the team of cutting-edge academic staff at USW to develop the next generation of primary teachers and education specialists. If you are looking for a new challenge, opportunities to develop as a research-informed teacher and a chance to experience life as an academic in Higher Education, this post could be for you.
As the successful applicant, you will join the existing team of academic staff to contribute to a range of modules and curriculum design across BA (Hons) Astudiaethau Cynradd gyda SAC. The post holder will support the Course Leader and other staff in the delivery of lectures to students on this Welsh medium programme, the assessment of university-based provision and undertake a quality assurance role of school experience placements in both English and Welsh medium schools.
Successful applicants will benefit from a comprehensive package of professional development, including support to develop both a research proposal for doctoral study, and support in developing their academic profile through publication and scholarly activity. Staff are also currently eligible to benefit from reduced price access to selected Apple hardware via the Apple Education discount scheme, free access to Microsoft Office 365 for use in work and at home whilst working at the University, international access to Eduroam wifi, access to gym facilities on our Pontypridd campus, a generous salary and leave package and membership of the Teachers' Pension Scheme.
The post will entail a wide range of activities that will further add to your professional experience and CV, including:
- Contributing to preparation, teaching and assessment of modular performance by student teachers on the programmes noted above, including the design of teaching materials, the use of relevant teaching, learning support and assessment methods, which may include module leadership;
- Contributing to the development of the curriculum within the subject area of Primary initial teacher education (ITE); contribute to the maintenance and development of existing modules and developing your own teaching materials, methods and approaches, as appropriate;
- Enhancing work with our extensive network of partner schools;
- Assessing student teachers’ achievements across the range of modules within the programme, including assessment of practical, school-based experience;
- Providing professional development tutorial support for student teachers and ensure appropriate levels of pastoral care;
- Contributing to the monitoring, evaluation and review of the programme;
- Developing your core research skills, supported by the University’s staff development programme, to work towards your Masters or PhD, to inform curriculum design and to develop a national and international reputation in primary education;
- Participating in the academic life of the School of Education, Early Years and Social Work, the Faculty of Life Sciences and Education and the University as a whole.
You will be supported to develop your research profile and work towards fellowship of the Higher Education Academic, working with experts in research and National Teaching Fellows. Benefits of working in Higher Education also include access to an extensive suite of library and research services, including access to our on-line digital journal repository, eligibility for exclusive discounts for education professionals on a range of Apple hardware as well as access to digital expertise as part of our Apple Regional Training Centre, access to USW sporting and gym facilities on our Pontypridd campus, worldwide Eduroam wifi access and a free licence to Microsoft Office 365 for use in work and at home for the duration of your employment.
Applicants should hold QTS in Wales, and should have recent and relevant experience of working in the UK education sector as a classroom practitioner. Applicants should also hold a Masters degree or be committed to pursuing a Masters qualification within one year of commencing the post. Previous experience of module delivery in Further or Higher Education would be an advantage but is not essential.
Applications for part-time or job-sharing are welcome.
This position is based at University of South Wales, City Campus, Newport.
The terms and conditions of the post (including grade and salary) will be those of the University of South Wales.
INTERVIEW DATE: 07-02-20
- Person Specification Document
- Name of Institution
- University of South Wales
- *£35845- £41,526 per annum
- Closing Date
- Job Description
- Benefits and Rewards Information