Uwch Ddarlithydd, BA (Hons) Astudiaethau Cynradd gyda SAC
- Main Advertisement Text
Senior Lecturer: BA (Hons) Astudiaethau Cynradd gyda SAC
The Faculty of Life Sciences and Education, School of Education, Early Years and Social Work has an exciting opportunity for a primary school teacher, lecturer or senior leader with Welsh language specialism to join the team of cutting-edge academic staff at USW to develop the next generation of primary teachers and education specialists. If you are looking for a new challenge, opportunities to develop as a research-informed teacher and a chance to experience life as an academic in Higher Education, this post could be for you.
As the successful applicant, you will join the existing team of academic staff to lead on a range of modules and curriculum design across BA (Hons) Astudiaethau Cynradd gyda SAC. The post holder will design and deliver lectures to students on this Welsh medium programme, lead on the assessment of university-based provision and undertake a QA role of school experience placements in both English and Welsh medium schools.
Successful applicants will benefit from a comprehensive package of professional development, including support to develop both a research proposal for doctoral study, and support in developing their academic profile through publication and scholarly activity. Staff are also currently eligible to benefit from reduced price access to selected Apple hardware via the Apple Education discount scheme, free access to Microsoft Office 365 for use in work and at home whilst working at the University, international access to Eduroam wifi, access to gym facilities on our Pontypridd campus, a generous salary and leave package and membership of the Teachers' Pension Scheme.
The post will entail a wide range of activities that will further add to your professional experience and CV, including:
- Leading on the Welsh medium pathways for BA (Hons) Primary Studies with QTS and BA (Hons) Primary ITE with QTS as well as the Welsh language development requirements for the English medium pathways for these two courses and BA (Hons) Education through leading/ co-ordinating the work of other staff to ensure module, course programme, enterprise or research project is delivered to the standards required.
- Undertaking teaching, curriculum development, and leadership to support the School’s activities in Welsh medium pathways for BA (Hons) Primary Studies with QTS and BA (Hons) Primary ITE with QTS as well as the Welsh language development requirements for the English medium pathways for these two courses and BA (Hons) Education
- Leading on maintaining and expanding Welsh medium provision and Welsh language development for student teachers in partnership with the Welsh medium Community of Learning, comprising 7 partner schools and regional consortia.
- Engaging in applied research and income generation.
- Ensuring that students studying through the medium of Welsh have an effective learning experience by providing high quality academic guidance and advice and by enhancing their employability.
- Ensuring that students studying through the medium of English have sufficient Welsh language development input to meet the requirements of the Professional Standards of Teaching and Leadership, so that they are supported to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS).
- Leading on course initiatives that will result in a positive impact on the NSS and general student experience.
- Working effectively as a team member, chairing committees and working groups and where appropriate supervising and/or mentoring other members of staff.
- Leading on recruitment activity for Welsh medium provision within the School.
Applicants should hold QTS in Wales, and should have recent and relevant experience of working in the UK education sector as a classroom practitioner. Applicants should also hold a Masters degree or be committed to pursuing a Masters qualification within one year of commencing the post. Previous experience of module delivery in Further or Higher Education would be an advantage but is not essential.
Applications for part-time or job-sharing are welcome.
Lisa Taylor (Director of ITE) - email@example.com
Jamie James (Head of School) - firstname.lastname@example.org
The terms and conditions of the post (including grade and salary) will be those of the University of South Wales.
In light of the current situation with Covid-19, some staff recruitment is temporarily suspended at USW. If you have already applied for one of our positions we will be in contact with you directly.
For new positions, keep checking back and we will update this page with any new vacancies. However, please note, it is likely there will be fewer posts advertised for the time being.
- Person Specification Document
- Name of Institution
- University of South Wales
- *£42,792 - £49, 553 per annum
- Closing Date
- Job Description
- Benefits and Rewards Information